On the Board: Check The Wideboard periodically for breaking events.
Calendars: There’s always something happening in Hudson and the region; here are a few reliable and recommended sources for finding out what’s going on...
- Columbia County Tourism Events Calendar
- CoCoToDo: Maintained by Christy Collins, this community events site covers the broader County spectrum of cultural and other events.
- Ellen’s Picks: Local alderman Ellen Thurston maintains a comprehensive calendar of Hudson cultural events and local meetings, hosted at the Hudson Development Corporation’s website.
- Flag Day Parade: The brainchild of antiques dealers Bip & Bob of (since closed) Pavilion Antiques, and managed by The Hudson Elks Club, the City has made Flag Day its main patriotic parade since the mid-1990s. Featuring a wide array of floats, marching bands, fire companies and dignataries from around the region, the Flag Day parade takes place every year in mid-June. Visit the Elks’ site to find details about the next parade.
- Winter Walk: Occurring annually in early December (typically on the first Saturday), Hudson shopkeepers go all-out with special window decorations, tableaux vivants, Chamber music and carolers, mulled cider and cookies, and other seasonal cheer. The event is coordinated by The Hudson Opera House; check their website for this year’s details.
- ArtsWalk: Created by pioneering Hudson gallerist Carrie Haddad, the Columbia County on the Arts now organizes the annual ArtsWalk in Hudson. The event—generally held on Columbus Day weekend—includes exhibits, performances, open studios, and more. Visit CCCA’s site for details.