Attractions: In addition to its dense, walkable shopping experience, Hudson and the surrounding area offers a wide range of other attractions. Four perennial favorites include:
- PROMENADE HILL, a park located at the base of Warren Street, commands dramatic views of the scenic Hudson River.
- OLANA State Historic Site was the Persian-style estate of leading Hudson River School painter Frederic Church. Information about visiting the house and grounds, just a five-minute drive from Hudson, can be found by clicking here.
- FASNY’S Museum of Firefighting can be found on the northern edge of town, and boasts a staggering collection of gear, equipment, vehicles and other apparatus spanning the entire history of American firefighting. This is a guaranteed hit with kids.
- THE HUDSON FARMERS’ MARKET operates on Saturday mornings from late Spring through late Fall just a half-block north of Warren Street, on 6th Street and Columbia. The market features a wide variety of products made right here in Columbia County, which has retained an active agricultural character.
Arts Organizations: Hudson and Columbia County play host to a long list of arts organizations. The following are members of HADA:
- Stageworks Hudson — An Actors Equity theater, a stone’s throw from the Amtrak station to Penn Station...
- Columbia County Council on the Arts — Provides arts advocacy and showcases to numerous member artists in the area
Real Estate: Some visitors like Hudson so much, they decide to move here! Nearly every realtor belongs to the area Multiple Listing Service, meaning that any MLS member can show any listed property in the area.
- To search all MLS listings, click here, then select Find Properties.
- To find a realtor, visit The Columbia County Board of Realtors.
- The local Chamber also maintains a list of real estate resources.